Monday, April 25, 2016

Movie Monday: The Art of Falling



I started this blog last week, and the page is still blank. So whatever I thought I was going to write, well obviously that didn't happen.

So today, what does that mean? The Art of Falling.

In my world, the best artists are the ones who face fear and step forward. Sometimes it means you soar to new heights. Sometimes you fall flat. On your face. I know I did, very recently and in a very big way. I had this vision for what could be accomplished if we gathered a million people together to give just $1. The concept was presented to my entire team and we asked them for feedback. I told them that the risk was very real that we might just fail. They said game on.

What is interesting to me is that the moment the last second ticked by, my team said "What's next?" It was a surreal feeling to have. We knew that what we had been working on hadn't worked the way we expected. But rather than throwing in the towel, the team came together and began formulating what was the next course of action. We're still figuring it out a bit as we go. But we have a plan. I'll tell you how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment