Friday, April 8, 2016

Family Friday: Breathing Room


Ok. I'm a filmmaker, and a mom. That means I talk about both, a lot. I'm excited by film, but the joy of time spent with my family is invaluable to me. I decided recently to try something new. Movie Mondays, Family Friday. I'll write a bit about one or the other and share on those days what's going on in our world.

The thing is, Film is how I support my family.  It's not easy, by any means. There are a great many days when I consider throwing in the towel. But then I see these two's smiling faces.

My Husband and I work from home, which a blessing and a whole lot of trouble. It's really hard to tell a three year old "no, I can't dance with you right now" and not feel that pang of guilt for not wanting to play.

But at the same time, she is a constant reminder of what's at stake here.

Recently we launched a campaign to make a movie this summer. That means we're spending even higher than average time on the computer. And it's not my favorite way to spend the day, even for a work at home person.

This past week, it's been unusually warm in Seattle (80 in April?) So we cleaned up the yard, and have been out in the sun every day, playing in the yard or letting her play while trying to be engaged on portable devices. But sometimes, you just have to put the Mac Book down and engage in reality.

So yeah, there are HUGE risks being taken, and a lot on the line for a film that means a lot to our family- in more ways than one. But today, we're engaging in Family. Taking time for us. Peace out for a bit.

See you again Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment