Friday, May 27, 2016

Family Friday: Moving and Change



You may have noticed I took almost 2 weeks off. That happens when you move. Things like packing and cleaning take priority. If you’re like me, you neglect the things that actually keep you sane- like writing.  So I’m back this week. Ready for this new adventure in a new town a little closer to all my family. Whoa.

We’re relocated to Spokane from Seattle, a huge change for the little and me. She was born in the city and I’ve always know that city living and I get along really well. It is not so big a change for the husband, who grew up here.  Spokane has always reminded me of Nevada, the state I grew up in. Rolling hills that go on forever, pine trees and clear blue skies (so long as it’s not fire season) rivers, lakes and hiking trails.

It’s not all that different from Seattle I suppose. My recent trip the grocery store only found a few things missing from the isles I’m accustomed to. And everyone said hello. Like, every person that works there said hello. So that was kind of nice. The kiddo is doing ok too. She only asked to go home once, and has slept in her own bed every night.  It may be a little hard when it finally clicks that this is home now, but for the time being she’s my little trouper.


So moving sucks, but change does not. Change is usually  a new opportunity, and for that little silver lining, I am forever grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Ondine looks to be queen of the move. At least she seems to be having some fun. Hope and pray the move went as smooth as possible. Much success and peace your new location. Love, Dad and RoseLinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ondine looks to be queen of the move. At least she seems to be having some fun. Hope and pray the move went as smooth as possible. Much success and peace your new location. Love, Dad and RoseLinda.

    ReplyDelete